The 50-minute talk was presented online, and the recording is linked below. A few brilliant folks on Twitter (shout out to Dr. Liz Allen & others!) suggested it might also be useful to provide links to shorter thematic clips - that's below, as well. As a talk geared primarily towards an audience with limited familiarity on certain scientific concepts - I'd welcome feedback from scientists and non-scientists alike on what could be improved for next time!
- Link to full 50 minute version, starts with Section 1: My public health background & philosophy on FABMs (0:00-7:05)
- Link to version starting with Section 2: Scientific literacy and public trust in science (7:06-21:21)
- Link to version starting with Section 3: Common pitfalls in understanding medical studies (21:22-42:51)
- Link to version starting with Section 4: Finding trustworthy information (42:52-46:45)
- Link to version starting with Section 5: Useful adjuncts to scientific literacy and closing thoughts (46:45-50:40).